January 11th, 2019
Every January, we’re all offered a new start. I say, let’s make the most of it by increasing our personal value and the value of our products and services to consumers. Our value proposition as door and window innovators includes managing new ideas, as well as to improve our influence. The quantity and quality of those ideas, and our influence to make them happen, will serve as a measure of success in 2019!
One of the great innovators of the present time is Elon Musk, and he should be one of your influencers. Use his examples to learn and inspire; use his failures to know what not to do!
Musk has stated that, “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough!” And Musk lives this constantly! Most of you know of him, but let’s review why he is an influential innovator.
According to the booklet, “Elon Musk: The Founder of Tesla, Paypal, and Space X,” Musk:
- Started or owned: PayPal, Zip2, Tesla, SpaceX, Boring, Hyper loop and Solar City companies;
- Was rated the fifth most influential person in the world;
- Was Fortune magazine’s Business Person of the Year; and
- His company, Space X, has pioneered private space flight with revolutionary reusable rockets and put a car into orbit around the sun!
Meanwhile, Tesla has innovated battery design, drive systems and car assembly methods and
Musk has built “gigafactories” in Reno and Buffalo, N.Y., to innovate battery and cell manufacturing.
Musk’s influence over the modern age has become rock star level. He has no less than 30 books about him and his influence continues to grow with every new project he starts. His attitude of “lets fix these problems now” and his goal of making human life sustainable and multiplanetary drive his growth and influence. What can we learn from this, in order to become better influencers ourselves?
- Be bold. Act on that wild ideas that you’ve been thinking about.
- Work like crazy. Do whatever, and go wherever it takes to succeed.
- Build on sound science and great engineering. Test everything to death.
- Invest your profits into related, but different products.
- Create a world-class environment that attracts the best.
- Hire the best and smartest people you can find.
- Use your imagination to the fullest and develop this skill however you can.
Lastly, please take the time to learn, read and watch Musk’s accomplishments, as well as how he thinks. Then, make it happen with this model.