Homeowners who have recently purchased and installed products such as Pella Designer Series between-the-glass blinds and shades with Insynctive technology and Energy Star-qualified doors and windows and doors may be eligible for federal tax credits.

“The decision to make home upgrades just got easier,” said Elaine Sagers, vice president of marketing for Pella. “I urge homeowners to consult with their local Pella professional and a qualified tax advisor to confirm the eligibility of their project and then start their application.”

Pella and other companies offer many Energy Star-certified products that may also qualify you for the home improvement tax credit. If you have replaced one, two or all the doors and windows in your home with new Energy Star-qualified products, they may qualify you for the tax credit. You might also be eligible to receive a tax credit if Energy Star-qualified windows or doors were added to a new space or wall, such as an addition to the home. Check with your tax professional to ensure you haven’t maxed out your available tax savings, or visit the Energy Star website for more information.

The tax credit amount for Energy Star-qualified products covers 10 percent of the cost – up to $200. Installation costs are not included in the tax credit amount. Qualifications for the tax credit and more information about Energy Star-qualified product can be found on the Energy Star website.

A rechargeable battery that uses solar power to generate electricity is what qualifies Pella’s Designer Series doors and windows with snap-in-between the glass blinds and shades with Insynctive technology for a solar property tax credit. You can earn up to 30 percent for the cost of the power unit, which is up to $205 per motorized blind or shade. The product must be installed in your main residence before December 19, 2019, for a credit to be claimed.

If you have purchased doors or windows with a motorized blind or shade, you should bring several items to your tax professional:

• Manufacturer’s certification statement;
• Receipts for product or products, and;
• IRS Tax Form 5695.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *