Ply Gem Kicks Off Build Forward Program, Seeking Building Product and Technology InnovationsNovember 18th, 2013 | Category: Industry News
Ply Gem has announced an initiative to give the best and brightest innovators, inventors, engineers and designers a chance to turn their innovations into reality with its new program called Ply Gem Build Forward. Applications are now open on www.build-forward.com. Ply Gem is specifically seeking ideas for new materials, installation technologies and/or manufacturing processes to improve existing products or develop new ones.
To kick off the program, eligible applicants who submit their idea by December 15, 2013, may be invited to pitch their innovation on stage in front of a panel of judges in Ply Gem’s booth at the 2014 International Builders’ Show (IBS) in Las Vegas. Beyond IBS, the Ply Gem Build Forward program will offer ongoing opportunities for idea development. Business relationships resulting from a successful application may include a license, a supply agreement, a joint development agreement or other collaborative ventures.
“One of the pillars of Ply Gem’s success is innovation, consistently developing new products, materials and processes that move the industry forward,” says Lee Clark-Sellers, innovation officer for Ply Gem. “Through the Build Forward program, we want to collaborate with others to push the envelope and ultimately help us improve home building and remodeling.”
How it works:
- Go to www.build-forward.com and fill out the submission form (ALL information submitted must be non-confidential).
- Tell Ply Gem how your innovation provides unique features or benefits to our customers in the building products industry.
- Be clear and concise in describing the nature of your innovation and the unique features and benefits it offers relative to existing products.
- Be sure to let Ply Gem know the status of your intellectual property.
- Attach supporting documents to your submission like a granted patent or published patent application.
- Provide the results of any relevant testing (e.g., safety, consumer, efficacy), any technical illustrations and/or photos.
All submissions will be reviewed by Ply Gem and applicants will be contacted individually.