NLBMDA Announces New Leadership Team including First Woman PresidentNovember 1st, 2011 by DWM Magazine
The National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association (NLBMDA) installed its new leadership team last week during its on ProDealer Industry Summit held in San Antonio, Texas. Cally Coleman Fromme, executive vice president of Zarsky Lumber Company in Victoria, Texas, will serve as the association’s new chair, replacing outgoing chair Joe Collings of Ferguson Lumber in Rockville, Ind. Fromme becomes the first woman to lead the association in its 94-year history.
“For more than 90 years, the NLBMDA has been the voice of the building material industry working to promote, protect and advance the interests of dealers nationwide,” said Fromme. “I am extremely proud to be carrying on the legacy of my predecessors working to make our industry stronger, while dealing with the many challenges we are facing in this difficult economic climate.”
As executive vice president of family-owned Zarsky Lumber, Fromme is a longtime leader of the industry at the state and national level, and she previously served as president of the Lumbermen’s Association of Texas and Louisiana. Founded in 1928, Zarsky Lumber has ten locations throughout Texas serving builders, contractors and consumers.
“I am proud to have Cally lead NLBMDA as chair,” said NLBMDA president Michael O’Brien. “Her knowledge, industry experience, political savvy and unwavering dedication to the association and its goals will be a huge advantage for the association as we continue to grapple with these difficult economic conditions.”
Additional members of the 2011-2012 NLBMDA executive committee include:
– Chair-Elect: Chuck Bankston, Bankston Lumber, Barnesville, Ga.;
– First Vice Chair: Chris Yenrick, Smith-Phillips Building Supply, Winston-Salem, N.C.;
– Second Vice Chair: J.D. Saunders, Economy Lumber, Campbell, Calif.;
– Treasurer: Linda Nussbaum, Kleet Lumber Co., Huntington, N.Y.;
– Manufacturers & Services Council Chair: Bob Harden, Dow Building Solutions, Jenkintown, Pa.;
– Federated Association Executives Chair: Jim Moody, Construction Suppliers Association, Tyrone, Ga.;
– Immediate Past Chair: Joe Collings, Ferguson Lumber, Rockville, Ind.; and
– President: Michael O’Brien, NLBMDA, Washington, D.C.