NFRC Elects New Executive CommitteeJanuary 10th, 2014 by DWM Magazine
The National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) elected a new executive committee and welcomed its new board of directors during a meeting in Dallas on January 8.
As part of the elections, Jeff Baker of WESTLab was named the group’s new chair. He is joined by the following members of the executive committee elected this week:
- Joe Jonely, AMSCO Windows, vice chair;
- Gary Curtis, Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance, secretary;
- Sneh Kumar, Alcoa/Traco, treasurer;
- Jim Krahn, Marvin Windows and Doors, ombudsman; and
- Steve Strawn, Jeld-Wen Inc., immediate past chair.
“I am honored to accept the position of NFRC board chair and look forward to the challenges of the year ahead,” says Baker. “As NFRC enters its 25th anniversary, I am grateful to celebrate its history and plan for the future.”
In addition to naming the executive committee, the following representatives, elected to the board in 2013, assumed their seats on the board at the meeting:
- Joe Jonely, Amsco Windows;
- Paul Bush, PPG Industries;
- Christian Kohler, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory; and
- Bipin Shah, WinBuild Inc.
“I continue to be enthused and pleased by the quality of volunteers who commit their time and talents in leading NFRC into the future,” says NFRC CEO Jim Benney. “Our members and stakeholders will be well-served by our new executive committee and the full board of directors.”