MI Windows and Doors Receives SHARP Recertification From OSHAMarch 22nd, 2012 | Category: Industry News
MI Windows and Doors Inc., and its Hegins, Pa., manufacturing facility received recertification of a Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) award from OSHA in recognition of its safety and health management systems. This is the second time that the facility has been awarded the certificate.
According to a company announcement, the SHARP award is presented to employers who operate an exemplary safety and health management system facility. Some of the safety improvements that the team at Hegins made to quality for SHARP included:
• Improvements to machine guarding to prevent all types of injuries;
• Designing processes and jobs to be ergonomically friendly;
• Cross training and job rotation;
• Creation of safety teams for more awareness and team support; and
• Train and instruct new and existing employees of all types of hazards.
The announcement notes that one additional objective was to keep the team aware of their surroundings and continually improve all aspects of the program for the best environment for the team.
“I am proud of the strides that all of our team members have made to receive this honor,” says Doug Reed, general manager, of the Hegins manufacturing facility. “The bottom line is that our team members are going home to their families as safe and sound as possible.”