Guardian Issues Price IncreaseApril 22nd, 2014 by DWM Magazine
Guardian Industries issued a letter to customers recently informing them of a price increase to take effect May 19, 2014. The company implemented a similar price increase last November.
Several products are listed in the letter, signed by Bill Widmann, vice president of sales and marketing.
“Guardian continues to experience higher costs for the materials and services used in manufacturing and distribution of high quality glass products,” the letter reads. “We are working diligently to increase the efficiency of our manufacturing and administrative processes in order to offset these cost pressures however, the cost escalations for these areas are outpacing our reduction effort.”
The following products will be impacted by the increase:
· 15 percent: clear glass from 1-mm to 2.2-mm in thickness;
· 9 percent: clear glass from 6-mm to 19-mm in thickness;
· 7 percent: clear glass from 2.3-mm to 5-mm in thickness;
· 9 percent: all tinted float glass excluding CrystalGray;
· 6.5 percent: low iron substrates; and
· 5 percent: all laminated and mirror products.
According to the letter, the company’s energy and transportation surcharges will remain in full effect and adjusted quarterly.