ANSI Begins Development of Energy-Efficiency Standardization RoadmapMay 17th, 2013 by DWM Magazine
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Energy Efficiency Standardization Coordination Collaborative (EESCC) is moving into the next phase of its effort to develop a standardization roadmap advancing energy efficiency in the built environment. The collaborative’s five working groups (WGs) have scheduled a series of June-July workshops in Washington, D.C., to begin the gap analysis and roadmapping phases of work.
ANSI had previously announced it would develop such a roadmap, and officials say that currently more than 140 technical experts from more than 50 member organizations and four federal agencies are involved in the effort.
The EESCC roadmap aims identify current and forthcoming standards, codes, and conformance programs, pinpoint potential gaps, and articulate what additional standardization activities may be needed to advance energy efficiency relative to the built environment. The first draft of the EESCC roadmap is expected by October 2013, with the final version anticipated for publication by mid-2014.
As part of the EESCC’s transition into the roadmapping phase, the collaborative’s five working groups will hold in-person workshops in June and July 2013; interested stakeholders may RSVP to email@example.com by Tuesday, May 28. Event organizers have noted that space is limited and advanced registration is required. All workshops will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST:
• Tuesday, June 4: “WG3 Workshop: Building Energy Modeling, Rating and Labeling,” Offices of King & Spalding LLP, 1700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20006;
• Tuesday, June 11: “WG4 Workshop: Evaluation, Measurement and Verification,” Offices of King & Spalding LLP;
• Tuesday, June 18: “WG1 Workshop: Building Energy and Water Assessment and Performance Standards, Offices of King & Spalding LLP;
• Thursday, June 20: “WG5 Workshop: Workforce Credentialing,” U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) Annex Building, Room 6097/8/9, 950 L’Enfant Plaza, SW Washington, DC 20024; and
• Thursday, July 25: “WG2 Workshop: Systems Integration and Systems Communications, ANSI Headquarters, 1899 L Street, NW – 11th Floor, Washington, DC 20036.