Wind-Borne Debris Symposium
CGI Windows & Doors and the American Institute of Architects’ (AIA) Southwest Florida Region Chapter is inviting Florida architects, builders and developers to learn the latest about wind-borne debris requirements for design and construction at an architectural symposium. The Designing for Wind-Borne Debris Symposium will feature industry experts who will discuss the most current information on building requirements and what changes to expect in the coming years. Attendance is free to all qualified attendees who pre-register online and architects will earn three AIA Health, Safety and Welfare credits.
The symposium will be held from 7:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. on Friday, November 16, at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point, 5001 Coconut Road, Bonita Springs, Fla., 34134.
Presenters will include:
- Dr. Marc Levitan, Ph.D., director of the Louisiana State University Hurricane Center;
- John Knezevich, vice president of Thornton Tomasetti, a international engineering company, providing complete multidisciplinary design services to the building industry;
- Paul Beers, president of Glazing Consultants International LLC, specializing in the exterior building envelope;
- Vinu Abraham, CEO of HTL, a fenestration consulting, testing and certification company; and
- A. Roland Holt, director and building official for Collier County, Fla.
A full sit-down breakfast will be served and the event is free for all qualified participants who register before November 5, but space is limited and reservations are required.
For further information, visit www.cgiwindows.com/event or call CGI at 800/442-9042 and ask for symposium reservations.
Need more info and analysis about the issues?
to subscribe to DWM magazine.